Thursday, April 07, 2005

California, Day Five - Fairmont, At Last



Since I'm too sick and don't have the energy to blog, instead here's some email that sort of explains the situation:

L. --
Hope you're doing well.
I was feeling better for a while there, but as I was driving from the Tiburon Lodge back to the airport this morning to return my rental car, I first started getting a headache, then muscle aches, and then the chills again. Carrying my luggage from the rental car terminal to the hotel shuttle bus was among the most exhausting things I've ever done (it should have been easy), and I was shaking and shivering like I had Parkinson's or something.
I got to the Fairmont (fabulous!) at noon and shivered under the covers of my bed until 2 p.m., then went down and joined the company meeting, apologizing to everyone that I wouldn't shake their hand because of the flu.
I just got out of the meetings, and I'm going to skip the social hour and the dinner so I don't infect everyone else (and also because I'm simply not up to it physically).
I hope I'm better tomorrow. I hate being sick, especially during my once-a-year Principals' meeting. This sucks!
I assume that you are back to work full time now. How was your day? How's the weather in Atlanta? Did you get your edits back on your manuscript yet?
Talk to you soon.
- Shokai

i am so so sorry that you got what I had....shit.
Terrible time to get it too....
being so far from home & at the big meeting to boot.
Sorry my friend.
The editor had hardly any changes...so I think I am on my own...
Weather is rainy but warm.
i am getting better everyday. At the end there was a stomach/GI component too (just to finish me off!) but seriously, I am getting better everyday. I have still been home every night but one for the last 3 weeks. I have been very tired...getting stronger everyday just not 100% yet.
Take care
L.

1 comment:

Mumon K said...

Hope you're feeling better.