Tuesday, January 10, 2006

According to my Delta itinerary, I'm stuck inside of Mobile this evening with the Memphis blues again (first time since Katrina - I go back to Pascagoula tomorrow).

According to the U.S. EPA, Americans discard approximately 2 million tons of used electronics, including computers and televisions, each year. In addition, an estimated 128 million cell phones are retired from use annually. Me, I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price you have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice.

According to Karl Marx, religion is the opiate of the masses. The preacher looked so baffled when I asked him why he dressed with twenty pounds of headlines stapled to his chest. But he cursed me when I proved it to him, then I whispered, "Not even you can hide. You see, you're just like me, I hope you're satisfied."

According to a difficult dissusion with the Monday night sitting group, there is no point to the weekly dharma teachings (which is true, but I don't think they meant it in the correct way). I nearly got busted, and wouldn't it be my luck to get caught without a ticket and be discovered beneath a truck.

(with apologies to Robert Zimmerman)

No comments: