Thursday, December 08, 2005

Happy Bodhi Day

Apparently, baby Kaya was born at 11:26 p.m. on December 7, 2005. Mother and child are both doing fine.

This evening, Uncle Shokai went to the MARTA (Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) Transit Planning Meeting to represent the neighborhood in the on-going deliberations on the Beltline and other mass-transit options. There was no heavy politicking, but it was fun putting dots on maps for where we wanted rapid transit stations to be. However, the MARTA folks are still undecided as to whether that rapid transit would be buses, streetcars, light rail or commuter trains.

Today is Bodhi Day, the anniversary (2,500th or thereabouts) of the Buddha's enlightenment. There's an all-night sitting at the Zen Center to commemorate the event, but I'm not going (list of excuses includes: had to go to the MARTA meeting, have to work tomorrow, & it's cold and rainy out). I wish them well.

2 comments:

Kathleen Callon said...

Nice. I assume Bodhi Day came first, buy the Bodhi Tree Bookstore in LA is one of my favorite places.

Kathleen Callon said...

whoops... "buy" should be "but"... I think "buy" was a slip since whenever I go there I feel like I'm emptying my bank account to buy a decent percentage of the amazing books in the store.