Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I'm back in Washington again.

I got up this morning and took my time - I didn't go in to the office. But at 10:30, I headed to the dentist for a 90 minute root canal. Afterward, I drove home, stopped at CVS to fill the prescription for pain-killers, and went back home and packed. I made it to the airport by 2:30, and caught a 3:30 flight to D.C.

I'm not at the George this time, I'm at the Hilton. When I got to my room, the bathroom door was locked, and I had to call the front desk to send someone up to open it. Shortly after he left, I headed to dinner at a Cuban restaurant in Arlington with some associates from my company. And as we were paying the bill, several others from the company arrived, and I wound up having drinks with them.

I got back to the Hilton by 11:00 and realized I had forgotten to pack razors, so I headed back out and found a 7-11 store. Returning to the Hilton, I ran in to the CEO and the incoming company president checking in. I said my hellos and shook hands, and finally got my chance to relax and sleep, perchance to dream, just now.

No comments: