Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Who Needs Magnolias?


Who needs magnolias? Mine never really blossomed, just one or two flowers per tree, while at work and all across the neighborhood, each tree has erupted into dozens of flowers. My theory is that that magnolias need direct sunlight to bloom, and mine are in almost constant shade due to the higher canopy of pines, oaks and elms.

But, who needs magnolias? The mountain laurel behind the house have bloomed with many white flowers gracing their boughs. Just as good as the magnolias, AND they don't drop their leaves all spring.

Simon and Garfunkel once sang, "All my life's an endless stream of piss and shit and magazines . . ."

No. They didn't really sing that. But on the second-longest day of the year, that's how I felt.

I won't post again until I cheer up.

No comments: