Wednesday, March 09, 2005


"It is not enough
It is just a habit
Nostalgia, it's no good
Our future was in the past"
- Gang of Four

On this day, March 9th, in 1796, Corsican Napoleon Bonaparte married Josephine, and in 1862 the ironclad warships Monitor and Virginia (formerly the Merrimac) clashed to a draw after five hours of battle at Hampton Roads, Virginia. On this day in 1997, The Notorious B.I.G. was killed at age 24 in a drive-by shooting in L.A.

And it's Mickey Spillane's, Bobby Fisher's, Emmanuel Lewis', Linda Fiorentino's and Juliette Binoche's birthdays.

"It is not enough
Here we go again
I'd like to see something new
It's all so familiar

I wanted to be a good wife
I wonder if I've lived before this life
Or seen it on television
I can't stand the repetition"

Hunter S. Thompson is still dead.

No comments: