Saturday, February 12, 2005

Shokai Gets His Groove Back

This morning, my sofa finally arrived. I ordered it from Pottery Barn on January 6, and as they predicted, it took about six weeks to arrive. I received a call yesterday from the delivery company saying that they would arrive between 9 and 1, and I was all prepared to wait around for them all day, but they arrived at about 9:05 a.m.

Here's what the sofa looks like in the Pottery Barn catalog:

Don't be alarmed: I didn't order it in white. The sofa that arrived today is described by the catalog as "Sage Green."

The good news was that the early delivery left me plenty of time to make it to my 12 o'clock karate class.


L. is in New York this weekend, preparing for a lecture she'll be giving later this year. Even though she's now out of my life, I wish her well, and hope that she gets some time to see "The Gates," Christo's installation opening up in Central Park today.



My mother called me this morning after reading in this blog that L. and I broke up again (yes, my mother reads my blog), and I think she was surprised to find that I was doing well. Even though L. is now gone, I had a fun month with her, and now I'm back to where I was the morning of January 9, when I re-met her for the third time. It's not a bad place to be, this pre-January 9th place, and I haven't really lost anything that I had back then.

Life goes on.

No comments: