Friday, December 31, 2004

The Smoke Clears

. . . and I am out of it. The football pool that is. After 14 games, I only picked five correctly, and even if I win every game from here on it, I can't pass my brother. I would wind up in a four-way tie for second place with the Witch Doctor, the BiL, and my sister, although there is no second-place consolation prize.


All four of my teams lost yesterday after B.C. upset North Carolina, Navy upset New Mexico, Texas Tech beat fourth-ranked California in one of the biggest upsets of the season, and Northern Illinois beat Troy (who are those guys?). It probably didn't help that the starting quarterbacks on most of my teams showed up for their games looking like this:


There's four games today, but I don't care now. I can go out and enjoy my New Year's Eve without worrying about the Boise State-Louisville point spread. On New Year's Day and beyond, I can cheer for my teams without anxiety. Years of being a Red Sox fan has taught me how to find solice in losing. That's something I hope not to lose now that the Sox are the defending World Series Champions!

The blog keeps getting hits from Europe and eastern Asia about the tsunami and the aftereffects of the earthquake. My most deepfelt sympathy and compassion goes out to all the victims, their loved ones, their families and those who care about them.


From: Paige
Sent: Friday, December 31, 2004 3:59 AM
To: Shokai2k4@hotmail.com
Subject: Blog Quote

Hey,

I like what you did for the link/content- very intriguing and a good use of representation and images. I'm happy to know that someone out there was able to understand what I was saying!
Thanks for the link too!

Have a happy new year,
Paige

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACKIE!

No comments: