Monday, November 08, 2004




After last weekend's sesshin, the Rev. Teijo Munnich spoke at Emory University tonight. Which was fine, except that I couldn't go because Monday night is my evening to open the zendo. Which was fine, except that since she was speaking at Emory, I had no one show up for services. Which was fine, I could leave early, or so I thought until one person finally did arrive.

Which was fine. The one person, Mike, was a former Monday-night regular, and it was nice to see him again. We sat for the regular one-hour service and had a nice chat afterwords.

I got home from the zendo at around 9:30 and found a most intriguing email in my inbox. I'm a little uncomfortable vis-a-vis posting an email from a stranger without prior consent. Anyway, the author, let's call her Kipperkipp, described herself as follows: Happy in my own skin, on a good day I stand 5'4" and weigh 120 lbs. (on the same good day). I have longish brown hair and blue eyes. I'm an artist -- painting and sculpture - and am also an armchair anthropologist, which provides endless fodder of subject matter for my work. The primary focus of my art has to do with multi-cultural stuff - religion, mythology, human practices and ideas that are in contrast to the cultural constructs that we live in. Know what I mean? Because the economy is what it is (el sucko), I've recently put the art career on hold to work in public relations for a gimongaloid soft drink company.

Now, that's interesting . . .

No comments: