Tuesday, October 26, 2004

As part of my continuing attempts

to reach out to my evil corporate bosses, I have developed an interest in American sports, including the Red Sox in baseball and the Miami Dolphins in football.

Obviously, I can keep a distance from the material. All the rivalries that exist in baseball or football pass right over me. It's an intellectual exercise for me: I remain above the fray and disengaged.

So, last week, when my colleagues from New York were visiting, I was able to helpfully and systematically explain how "the Sox" would certainly triumph over the Yankees (despite being down 2-zip at that moment). How the 20th century was the Yankees time, whereas the 21st century is our time. How the Yankees are, if you will, a virus - and the Red Sox are the cure.

I can't remember much of the response, it was like blahblahblahblahRodriguezblahblahMatsui(or was it chop suey?)blahblahblah.

Given the results overnight, I thought I might call them this afternoon (when they come into work) to discuss these points further.

Isn't it great the way sports bring people together?

- Kirsten B.

No comments: