Day of the Sidestep, 3rd of Autumn, 526 M.E. (Aldebaran): This is a public service announcement. I went to the pharmacy today to pick up the refill on my script. I was surprised to see the price was $32.13, when just 90 days ago, it was $23.04. Today's price was 40% higher than last time.
Sadly, everything's costing more these days (we have a functional idiot in the White House trashing the economy with everything from needless wars to pointless tariffs). It didn't surprise me to see the cost had gone up, but I didn't expect to see it increase by that much that quickly.
I asked the pharmacist if she had any idea why the price was so much higher, and if all pharmaceuticals were up by the same or similar amount or just my meds. She checked my records and acknowledged that my price had gone up and then went over to another computer for a minute or two. When she came back, she said she found a different discount coupon than the one they had on file for me, and my price was now $18.72.
I hadn't known they could drop the price from $32 to $18 just by my asking. I told her I liked the $18 price more and she rang me up. I'm glad I spoke up.
So, life lesson, a Retired Old Man's advice to those of you out there, and the point of this PSA - ask your pharmacy if there's other discount coupons with better prices when you pick up your meds.
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment