Monday, October 07, 2024

The Channel of Distance

 

I didn't walk or hike today, and it was my designated day to do it. First day missed since last March.

No reason. I guess on some subconscious level, I just didn't want to do it. It was a beautiful day, practically begging me to be outdoors, but I kept finding distractions and diversions in the house. 

It's no cosmic sin and I'll make the miles up tomorrow. Nothing lasts forever, not even every-other-day walking schedules. Life goes on. Get over it. 

It seems Milton is turning into a real motherfucker. The eye of the hurricane is moving across the Gulf of Mexico toward the east and will approach the west coast of Florida Wednesday. Milton is a potentially catastrophic category 5 hurricane with sustained winds near 180 mph and even higher gusts. Hurricane-force winds extend outward up to 30 miles from the center and tropical-storm-force winds extend outward up to 80 miles. I urge my Florida friends to take all cautions.

No comments: