Monday, June 03, 2024

Ladder of the West

 

I took my walk along the river again today, as opposed to the Beltline trail. Third time in the past week. 5.2 miles, 3.1 mph, 12,326 steps, 29.9 inches per step. Ah, so nice to have so much data.  Both feet were on the ground, double support, 28% of the time. 437 calories burned. There is such a thing as too much data.

Between the exercise and my low-sugar, prediabetic diet, my weight's come down. This morning, I was 203.5 pounds, closing in on my interim goal of 200 pounds. My target is 180 pounds, This is the least I've weighed in a while. I haven't owned a bathroom scale until recently, but I recall weighing over 200 during a doctor's exam and prior to recently, I hadn't been to a doctor since 2011. 

Instead of paying $5 to park at the National Recreation Area, I bought a $40 annual parking pass today. Makes sense financially, and having an annual pass may provide additional motivation to keep on going if my enthusiasm ever wanes. 

Right now, my goal is five miles every other day. I can relax, shop, do housework, whatever on the intervening days. 

No comments: