Tuesday, May 21, 2024

From the Touchstone Breath

 

 

I voted today in an almost entirely meaningless Georgia primary. The big issue, of course, in this year's primaries are the presidential candidates, and while they're all but assured, the Democrats held their Georgia primary back in March, so I couldn't cast a vote of confidence or a protest vote for or against Joe Biden today.  

I did get to cast a vote of confidence for Fani Willis, though. There are a bunch  of judges in Georgia I'd love to see voted out of office, but they're all on the Republican ticket so I couldn't vote against them. Most of the Democratic candidates were running unopposed in the primary, either as incumbents or challengers, and lord there were a host of them. Page after page of judges I never heard of. 

For some reason, after 20 years they moved my polling place to a church about a mile further from home than my old polling place. There was nothing wrong with my old polling place and I liked that I could literally walk there, but the new one is a lot larger and at least in theory could accommodate a lot more voting machines in the big election this October.

No comments: