Saturday, April 20, 2024

The Whispering Legions


Happy 420! It's the 111th day of 2024 - 111 backwards is still 111 and 4/20/2024 backwards is still 4/20/2024. Strange, huh? It's The Whispering Legions in the Universal Solar Calendar. It's also Adolf Hitler's birthday (1889) - so much for any hippy-dippy, good vibrations, 420 feel-good vibes.

Congress finally broke a months-long stalemate today and approved an aid package to Ukraine to continue their first against Russia's invasion, but not until after discrediting America's credibility as a reliable defense partner (We'll help defend you until a minority faction in our legislature decides it's not to their political advantage to continue").

The other night, I finally finished playing the Guardians of the Universe game. I didn't like it, and if anything it got worse with time. I could go over all the specific things I didn't like about the game but doing that would just be reliving the experience and I don't want to reopen that wound. Let's just say it was repetitious and unimaginative, and near-constant combat and battles made it feel more like an arcade game where you paid a quarter to just shoot, shoot, shoot for two minutes than a modern video game. I stuck with it out of sheer stubbornness and a competitive nature that didn't want to quit a game that I knew I could beat. But as soon as I finished, I uninstalled the game off of my computer - I'm never doing that shit again!

I'll breathe for a few days before starting my next game.

No comments: