Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Day of Footfall


Happy birthday to Buffy Sainte-Marie, Phil Esposito, Jennifer O'Neill, Patty Hearst, Charles Barkley, Cindy Crawford, Lili Taylor, Lauren Ambrose, Trevor Noah, Rihanna, and Olivia Rodrigo, all born on Day of Footfall.

It was 10 years ago today that 108 civilian protesters and 13 police officers were killed in Ukraine's Maidan Revolution when police snipers fired on anti-government activists in Kyiv. Today, House Republicans, too cowardly to stand up to Trump, are refusing military aid to Ukraine to support their hard-won democracy from Russian aggression. Thy should be ashamed, as should the people who voted to put them in office.

In other news, today I downloaded my first virtual modular synthesizer. I'm not a musician and I have no idea how to use this thing, so right now I'm in the "bloop-bleep," "Look, I can make strange noises" phase. It remains to be seen if this becomes a conduit for results in hundreds of hours of creative enjoyment leading to a deeper exploration of self-expression and artistry, or becomes just another thing cluttering up my desktop that I routinely ignore.

No comments: