Thursday, April 08, 2021

Music Is Coming Back


This post might fit in better over on the music blog, but this post really isn't about the song per se but about the fact that the Nashville band Bully will be playing The Earl on this coming August 21   It's the first live-music announcement I've seen post-pandemic.

I bought tickets to the show today, the first tickets I've purchased in over a year.  Tickets don't officially go on sale until tomorrow, but the band sent me a pass code for the presale (I'm a fan and am on their mailing list).  Goddamn, it feels good to be buying tickets again.

A big part of my retirement plan was catching live music as often as I could, but then fate pulled the rug out from under me with the coronavirus pandemic and the shutdowns and quarantines and social distancing. If the Bully show turns out to be the first show I've seen post-pandemic (or even possibly still during the pandemic), it will be my first live show in 18 months.

At this point, I'd probably go to the show even if I wasn't vaccinated.  I'd go to the show if there were a 25% chance I'd catch the covids.  I'd go to the show if there was a 50% chance I'd catch AIDS.  Hell, at this point, I'd go to the show if there was a 75% chance of catching Ebola.  It's not like I'm gonna live forever.

No comments: