Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Day 23


Today is Wednesday, the 21st day of April, 2021.  

Two things ere scheduled to be done today - insulation was to be replaced in my attic using pneumatic hoses, and a crew was to clean the house of all the drywall dust and other construction slop soiling every interior surface.  

Neither happened.   

I was at the house all day trying to put things back in their right places and clearing off counters to help the cleaning crew.  I left at 4:30, but they had never shown up.  

I got a text message from the project manger telling me they were going to work until 8:00 pm to get the job done.  When I told him I had been there until 4:30 and hadn't even seen them start, he replied that they were "stuck in traffic," and might have to finish the job tomorrow (or as we say in the hood, "start the job tomorrow").

Since I already had him caught in one lie, I asked him about the insulation and if they had gotten that done this morning as promised.  He replied that they "had to push back" until tomorrow, but it will get done then.  He hadn't volunteered that they hadn't arrived as scheduled until I asked him.

What do you think the chances are that both crews will show up and do their work tomorrow?

And who in the world thought it was acceptable to have two electric wires protrude from a wall beneath the outlet they were supposed to connect to?

I'll be glad when all this is over, if they ever do get around to finishing.

No comments: