Friday, April 16, 2021

Day 18


So now I'm a Viking.

Virtually.

So now I'm virtually a Viking.

Life here in the Unsellable Condo in Vining passes a lot quicker if I spend some time each day playing video games.  Not too many hours - that becomes a grind - but three or four hours a day breaks the day up nicely.

I finished my third playthrough of  Cyberpunk 2077 last month.  Don't ask me how many hours I played in total - it was a lot but I don't have the bandwidth now to open Steam and check my game statistics.  Before moving off line here to the UCV, I downloaded the new Assassin's Creed game, Valhalla, set in England in the year 873 AD.  You play as a Viking settler, establishing a settlement, creating alliances with other Nordic, Danish, and Anglo-Saxon settlements, and exploring the English countryside.

The game is the third in the new reboot series of Assassin's Creed games, following Origins set in Roman Empire-era Egypt, and Odyssey set in ancient Greece during the Peloponnesian Wars.  Valhalla is a new story with new characters, but follows most of the same game mechanics as the prior two games.  There are some improvements and innovations, as well as some "junk DNA" in the gameplay left over from the previous games, but overall it feels familiar if you've played the previous two.

It's big asset for me is it's a big game that takes a long time to play through - there's a lot to do - which is exactly what I need staying here just barely on line in Vinings.

So far, I've conquered most of , East Anglia, Mercia, "Lunden" (Londen), and I've been to Vinland and even Asgard.  And I've still got a long ways to go.

So basically, I'm passing my time by looting and pillaging the English countryside.

No comments: