Monday, March 22, 2021

Re-Entry, Part II


After 9 months of retirement, followed by a full year of pandemic isolation, I'm still trying to adjust to the new, New Normal.  I'm now fully vaccinated, for whatever that's worth - it certainly doesn't mean that I'm free to live like I did back in the carefree summer of 2019.

I'm still trying to figure out what I can and can't do and what I'm comfortable and uncomfortable with doing.  But today was a mini-breakthrough - even though it's not yet Taco Tuesday, I went out today and picked up some take-out tacos at a nearby taqueria, my first restaurant-prepared meal in over a year.  

Hankook is a Korean barbeque taqueria, and I got three sweet-and-spicy fried-fish tacos - think Chinese sweet-and-sour chicken, but with fried fish instead of chicken.  It was delicious.

That's one small step for introverted urban monks and one giant step for, well, that's one small step for me.


No comments: