Wednesday, December 09, 2020

New Wave Dreams

For those of you keeping score at home, I got 6¾ hours of sleep last night.  I purposely stayed up a little late to make sure that I fell fully asleep once I did go to bed, even if I did start nodding out as early as 10:00 p.m.  I woke up once at around 3:00 a.m. but was able to get right back to sleep again, and then woke a second time at 6:45, a mere 15 minutes before my 7:00 a.m. alarm.  6¾ isn't eight hours of sleep, but it's still pretty good for me as of late and I'll take it.

Yesterday, I noticed that HBO Max includes access to Turner Classic Movies, and that TCM includes several vintage French nouvelle-vague films. Yesterday, I watched Jean-Luc Godard's 1967 Weekend, and today I watched 1962's My Life To Live (Vivre sa vie).  I think I've fallen in love with Anna Karina all over again.  I still have Masculin Feminin, 2 Or 3 Things I Know About Her, and of course Breathless in the queue.  They've got Truffaut, too (The 400 Blows, Jules and Jim, Shoot The Piano Player), and even Luis Bunuel's Belle de Jour.  Some great retro entertainment to satisfy the cinema nerd in me.



 

No comments: