Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Life During Wartime


So what's it like living in Georgia a week before the most important Senate election in this nation's history?  Mainly, it's about being an email recipient.  Just scan through my Inbox:

8:32 a.m. - First political email of the day, this one from the Democratic Party of Georgia (DPG), reminding me to turn in my absentee ballot (I already did back on December 2).

10:01 a.m. - Letter from Rev. Raphael Warnock, submitted through the Sanford Bishop for Congress PAC, asking for campaign contributions.

10:31 a.m. - Letter from Patrick Stevenson, Chief Mobilization Officer for the Democratic National Committee (DNC), asking for campaign contributions.

11:45 a.m. - Message from the Turnout Georgia PAC, asking for campaign contributions.

12:32 p.m. - Letter from Mike Siegel, Texas Democrat for Congress, asking for any remaining campaign contributions I'd like to make in addition to what I've given to the Georgia races.

1:15 p.m. - Another message from the DNC, again asking for campaign contributions.

1:33 p.m. - Message from the Flip The Senate PAC, asking for campaign contributions.

3:16 p.m. - Another message from the DPG, this time asking for campaign contributions.

3:20 p.m. - Message from The Progressive List PAC, asking for campaign contributions.

3:24 p.m. - Another message from the Flip The Senate PAC, again asking for campaign contributions. 

3:41 p.m. - Another message from the DNC, telling me about the Flip The Senate Fund and suggesting I make a contribution.

4:00 p.m. - Message from the Southern Poverty Law Center, asking for a contribution.

5:33 p.m. - Another letter from Rev. Raphael Warnock sent by the DPG, asking for campaign contributions.

6:35 p.m. - Message from Jon Ossoff sent by the DNC, asking for campaign contributions.

I can't help but get the distinct feeling that folks want campaign contributions from me.

No comments: