Thursday, April 30, 2020

Day 38


It's been a while since we've let the Video Games Desk get anything to say, but they've been a tremendous help getting us through this stay-at-home pandemic.  

At the start of March, back when we still didn't know how crazy all this was going to get, we started playing Hitman 2.  We played for nearly the entire month and still had a long, long way to go before we ultimately burned out on it.  We set it aside for a while and started Far Cry Primal back on March 27.

Primal is set in prehistoric, neolithic time and your character, equipped with a bow and arrow, some clubs, and a spear, battles other Stone Age tribesmen as well as woolly rhinoceroses, saber-tooth tigers, and mammoths.   It was fun at first but after some 60-odd hours I began to burn out on that game too, well before I was finished.

Hitman 2 seemed like a breath of fresh air when I recently picked it back up again after a month of Primal.

Lately, I've been playing both games, usually a morning or early afternoon round of Hitman and a late afternoon or evening session of Primal.  I found that by having another game available as an outlet if I got frustrated by the tedium of the first has helped me enjoy both games more.  Don't feel like sneaking my way into some drug lord's headquarters again?  No problem, I'll grab a spear and take on a dire-wolf.  Tired of hiding out in caves?  No problem, I'll infiltrate an auto-racing cartel in Miami.   

The routine lately has been to alternate walks around the park with rounds of playing one game or the other and episodes of various Netflix series.  The rhythm of the routine fills the day and passes the time.  

Today, they announced the next Assassin's Creed game.  It will apparently be set in England during Viking times and will be released at the end of this year, should civilization make it to year's end. To be honest, I'm ready to start playing it right now.

No comments: