Monday, December 23, 2019

Remembering Walt Kelly


Television weekend: I watched six hours of college bowl games on Friday and 10 1/2 hours on Saturday, all eight hours of Netflix' The Witcher Season One, and the 2 1/4-hour series finale of USA's Mr. Robot.  Over 24 hours of television in one weekend, and still managed to find time to just about wrap up Far Cry: New Dawn (beat the demolition derby and offed the twins, but then took a brief break while attempting to win the climactic boss fight with Ethan).

Dark weekday: A tree fell in the neighborhood at 5:20 this morning (I know the exact time because it woke me up) and took down the power line, and I was without electricity for some 10 hours or so until it was finally restored at around 3:30. Still no cable or internet, though. Posting this with my iPhone, now that I’m confident I can recharge the battery and don’t have to preserve the charge.

No comments: