Thursday, January 03, 2019

The Problem With Blogging


I just had an awful day today - not life-threatening awful and probably not even something I won't have forgotten by the end of this weekend, but a 24 hours I wouldn't care to go through again.

But here's the thing - as I was all set to go over it and recount all of the setbacks, frustrations, rudeness, and almost comical sequence of coincidental catastrophes here in this blog, I realized all that would accomplish would be to have me relive it all over once again.  It was bad enough once, why go through it twice?

Trust me, if something truly terrible befalls me you'll be the first to know about it, but while a part of me wants to complain about the technology snafus, the 1-800-number "please select from the following menu" calls from hell, the uncertainties, the unreasonable requests and so on (not to mention getting only about three hours sleep last night), a wiser part of me realizes that complaining about it here would only make it worse. The day sucked, so it's probably best to just get over it and move on.  Don't dwell on the past.  Don't dwell on the perceived insults and injuries you've suffered.  Just call it a day and realize that the next one almost assuredly will be better than today.

No comments: