Tuesday, August 15, 2017


As noted here several times, since June 25 I've been spending the lion's share of my spare time playing the game Fallout 4.  For a change of pace, last night I downloaded and started playing a new  game, Skyrim, apparently the fifth release in the Elder Scrolls series.

Skyrim is produced by the same creators as Fallout, so the game-play and the user interface are quite similar.  In fact, they're so similar that as I was playing last night, I couldn't help but compare and contrast the two games, generally concluding, "Well, that's just like Fallout, only not as good."  I'm sure that as I get sucked into the story line of Skyrim the comparisons will stop and I'll get hooked.

Or is the hook already set?  I started the download and set-up at around 7:00 p.m. and was playing by 8:30.  After I poked around a little bit and started the story, I looked up at the time to see how I was doing and realized it was already 1:00 a.m.

Damn.  Not fun getting up for work today.

No comments: