Thursday, February 09, 2012

Goose Lessons


Without intention, Canadian geese demonstrating how karma works, as their presence and actions create ripples that interact with the effects of others, and of the wind, of the shore, and of the open spaces.  


Early morning view of Lake Lanier in Hall County, Georgia.  The temperature, a cool 39 degrees F, the water level dropped down low for the off season.  Just the geese and I this morning, alive and awake.


An island.


A cove.


I like it here and now - quiet, cool, and serene.  In six months, this lake will be three feet higher and dissected by motor boats and jet skis - fun, to be sure, but foreign to my February mood.  


My task for the day is to evaluate the environmental effects of a former marina on the underlying soil.  Important, to be sure, but as I gather my samples and write up my report, I'm still floating with those geese in my mind.

No comments: