Thursday, September 22, 2005

Two Haiku

The Earth arrived at the autumnal equinox at 6:23 pm today. Since the very first day of June, the mornings have been noticably cooler. Also, the tree droppings on my patio have taken on a different form - instead of the magnolia leaves of May and June or the storm-tossed branches of July and August, I am already getting brown, dry leaves - the first harbingers of The Fall?

First leaves of autumn
Drop down from branches and watch
My beard growing back.

I've been working long hours the past few weeks. Even though the Pascagoula Project has been shut down apres Katrina, I've still been working on the case that I was deposed for last July as well as other projects, plus some pro bono work related to the proposed Atlanta BeltLine. Too busy to even notice that it's now been three weeks since the repairman took my television to the shop with him and still hasn't told me when he's going to give it back.

The Unsellable
Condo in Vinings is still
Out on the market.

At least some things never change.

No comments: