Monday, September 19, 2005

New Computer

As anticipated, I wound up going to Comp U.S.A. and bought myself a new computer yesterday. Quite an improvement over the old failing computer that I bought way back in 2001. Now, I've got a 3-gig processor, 1-gig of RAM and a 250-gig hard drive. I should be able to get that Frogger across the street now . . .

For what it's worth, this is my first post with the new computer. Last weekend's entries were posted using my office laptop.

The old H.P. is now sitting on a desk in the meditation room as I try to figure how to retrieve over two years' of digital photographs, sundry downloaded programs, gigs and gigs of MP3s and over four years of email (not that I need everything - no attachments and all that - but it would be nice to get some of it back).

If anyone has an idea of how to get a memory-challenged computer out of Safe Mode, please advise.

Anyway, this new computer's way fun, at least now in our honeymoon phase. But it's a long road ahead.

No comments: