Second Day of the World Course, 34th of Autumn, 526 M.E. (Betelgeuse): I finally broke the news about my heart condition to my daughter, the first person I revealed my situation to except of course you, dear reader. You, and the entire internet. My Google stats say my recent posts have averaged 3,000 views each, but I think the vast majority of those are bots and scammers scrapping the web looking for vulnerabilities (e.g., passwords or financial data) and not actual readers.
My daughter, of course, was sympathetic and supportive, but what can she do? I felt better, though, for unburdening myself to her and sharing the load of my awareness of impermanence.
Today was finally my first fully medicated day. Crestor at night and a beta-blocker and aspirin in the morning for my heart, losartan for my blood pressure, Cialis for my grapefruit-sized prostate, and a B-12 supplement for my vitamin deficiency. What happens after the collapse and the end of free trade and the supply chain? Do I just curl up somewhere and die, or do I take to the ramparts and battle the ICE troopers and MAGA mobs unmedicated until my heart explodes? If I think about it, I'd probably make a great candidate for a suicide-bomber mission in that situation, since I'm not going to live long after the collapse of the supply chain anyway.
I'm still some 30 days or so from my first cardiologist appointment. The day after election day. I've been instructed to not take my alternating- day walks, which throws me off my intervening-day sitting schedule and leaves my time open and uncomfortably formless.
So far this weekend, I've passed my time watching sports (football and hockey), television (the Firefly series), and video games (Ghost Recon Wildlands), but daytime sports will be over after the weekend, at least until next weekend, and the other activities aren't a sustainable way to spend the entirety of one's days. I've been reading (Song of Solomon, The Left Hand of Darkness, and most recently World's End by T. Coraghessan Boyle) and that helps.
Impermanence may be swift, but it can also be incredibly banal and boring.
.png)
No comments:
Post a Comment