Wednesday, August 26, 2026

 


Day of the North Sea. 56th of the Dog Days, 526 M.E. (Electra): The pain in my chest is completely gone. Vanished. Kaput. Even if I breathe in as deeply as I can and put my full attention on where I used to feel the pain, there's nothing. As if it never happened. Five more days until I see the doctor, but at this point, why bother?

Showers and thunderstorms associated with the area of low pressure a few hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands have changed little in the past several hours. Environmental conditions are still favorable for development into a tropical depression, which could form over the next day or two as the system moves westward across the Atlantic. However, conditions are still forecast to become less favorable for development over the weekend.

Let's take a look at the headlines. "More than 150 bodies found with hundreds still missing after powerful floods along Tibet-Nepal border sweep away houses, roads and bridges." That's heartbreaking, and my empathy and compassion go out to all survivors. 

"Tim Curry, star of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and It, dies at aged 80." Impermanence is swift - first Dolly, now Curry. I wasn't a fan of Rocky Horror - I went to one midnight showing in the 1980s, threw toast at the appointed time and yelled, "Janet, you bitch," on cue but never understood some people's enthusiasm. 

"U.S. faces surging toilet paper prices amid trade war with Canada." Nothing highlights the idiocy and incompetency of the Stable Genius' policies than the continued appearances of the most expected outcomes to his actions. The jokes about "So full of shit, we literally ran out of toilet paper" just write themselves, which is good, because we're probably out of writing paper, too. 

"Judge allows postal service effort to restrict mail voting, for now." Seriously? What the fuck, amerika? Why are you so enthusiastic about ruining this country?

I missed my alternating-day sitting today. I put it off until too late, and then spent several hours on the phone and in email with my sister trying to figure out why I can receive texts from her, but my replies go to some other persons who's getting real annoyed about the unsolicited messages he's getting from me. I can still make up the lost time with an evening sit, but I probably won't - it's okay to miss a day here or there, as long as one doesn't make a habit out of it.

No comments: