Sunday, July 19, 2026

 

Day of the Temple, 18th of the Dog Days, 526 M.E. (Castor): Because of the weather, I haven't walked since the 13th of the Dog Days, and even that was cut short at a 1.9-mile Washington because of approaching storms. I haven't sat since the 2nd of the Dog Days, because I haven't felt like it. 

The storm system off of the Florida panhandle in the Gulf of Mexico is now officially Tropical Depression Two. It has a number, but not yet a name. However, I don't care. The forecasts have it tracking not toward Atlanta, but toward Houston, Texas. Let Gregg Abbott and Ken Paxton worry about Two - knowing them, one will try to pray it away and the other will demand a bribe. One of these days, a real rain will come and wash away all the garbage and trash - nazis, neo-cons, maggats, proud boys, oath keepers, tea-baggers, white christian nationalists . . . sick, venal. Someday, the rain will wash all the scum off the streets. 

The new plagues are Canadian wildfire smoke and diarrhea lettuce, replacing locusts, frogs, and boils. I could add tropical depressions, political advertising, AI bots on social media, and Marvel movies - all harbingers of End Times.

How's your summer going?     

      

No comments: