Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Day of the Hammer

 

I walked yesterday (6.2 miles) to make up for the day I missed on Sunday, and then again today (5.6 miles) to get back to my normal every-other-day schedule. My weight dropped back down by over a pound after yesterday's walk, and my blood pressure similarly dropped back into the "normal" range (less than 120/80).

But I feel like the odometer on my iPhone is short-changing me, as I know my walk today was over 6 miles. On the same route last week, I recorded 6.6 miles and I didn't take any shortcuts today.

Despite the short-changing, my cumulative mileage now extends to the north from my Atlanta home to Milwaukee and to Philadelphia. Going south, the mileage takes in the entire Florida Keys all the way to Key West, and to March Harbor on Great Abaco island in the Bahamas.   

No comments: