Tuesday, April 02, 2024

The Quiet Turf

 

I think I've finally learned how to get AI to show the same character in different settings and situations. This particular avatar is not me (were that I were that thin!) although it does meet the first-order, superficial description: white, old, and bald, with grey goatee and black-framed eyeglasses. I toyed with the idea of using a more attractive character - a beautiful young lady, a Black woman with tattoos and long dreadlocks, a menacing biker punk - but there's something about the humility of this visage that feels more honest and truer to the intentions of this blog, than some glamorous, fantasy figure.

I'm still earning to adapt to a new lifestyle of better diet and more exercise.  My menu for today is:

Breakfast: two cups of black coffee, a plain, unbuttered English muffin ("would you like us to assign someone to butter your muffin?"), and four heaping tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt with blueberries and diced strawberries. 

Lunch: large Cobb salad with chicken.

Dinner: probably herb-coated chicken breast with diced sweet potatoes  

I'm about to head out for my daily exercise - I've got my walking route down to almost exactly 10,000 steps at 4.0 miles. Thirty minutes of sitting meditation (zazen) as the glue to hold it all together.

I know I sound like the world's dullest person constantly talking about nothing but diet and exercise, but to be honest it is taking me so much self control right now that it's literally all I can think about.

No comments: