Monday, April 08, 2024

The Long Dim Under

Azathoth is sending America strong signs to tell us to surrender. Falling bridges, earthquakes, eclipses and many more things to come. I pray Cthulhu comes to our rescue! - Marjorie Taylor Redd 

Mid afternoon, at the height of the partial eclipse today here in Atlanta, I could tell something was up just by the quality of light outside my window. It was sunny outside just as always, but the light seemed dimmer and less intense - not like on cloudy days, when the light is filtered, or at sunset, when the low-angle light is fading and colored. This just seemed like the available light was dimmer, like on some other planet with a distant sun. It was light outside, but just not bright light.

Outside, shafts of sunlight between the overhead trees cast crescent-shape beams down on my driveway. Dozens of little crescents of light were all over the shady areas. It was something to behold.

Mt. Katahdin, I've  learned, is closed to visitors in April to protect the floral ecosystem. It's a good thing I didn't travel up there hoping to see the eclipse from the mountaintop. But I did find the Mt. Katahdin web cam, and this is what the mountaintop looked like at 3:34 pm on an otherwise clear and sunny day:



No comments: