Friday, October 22, 2021

ALL CAPS (Shouting)


There are only 70 days left to 2021. Use them wisely. Today is the day for not being foolish, as it stops the killing of living things.

Today would have been the 72nd birthday of pioneering punk rock musician Stiv Bators (The Dead Boys), but he was hit by a car in Paris in June 1990.  He was taken to a hospital but reportedly left before seeing a doctor after waiting several hours and assuming he was not injured. Reports indicate that he died in his sleep on June 4, 1990 as the result of a traumatic brain injury. Impermanence is swift.

There is still no significant storm activity likely to form a hurricane in the Atlantic, and the average number of new covid cases per day in Georgia (1,436) dropped below 1,500 for the first time since July 23, 2021.  

The Boston Red Sox play a must-win Game 6 of the ALCS tonight in Houston.  Clutch pitcher Nathan Eovaldi starts for the Sox.  Best wishes to the boys.

I voted today.  Not that I went to a polling place for early voting, but instead dropped my absentee ballot at the Post Office this afternoon.  It's an off-year election, but Atlanta mayor and several City Council seats are on the ballot.  I voted by mail because I'm over 65 and because it apparently pisses off conservatives.

On my checklist of daily activities, in addition to eating, showering, and meditating, today I completed the NY Times' Spelling Bee puzzle (in record time, I might add) and got in my two-mile walk along the Beltline. It's now after 4:00 p.m., so as soon as I finish this post, I'm off to play some Fallout 76 before cheering on the Red Sox.  Also, it's officially the weekend, so the bar opens after dinner tonight, after I feed the cats at 7:00 p.m.

Final thought:  Speaking of video games, you know that old saying about how even though it's a 50-50 chance, every time you try to plug into a USB port, you're upside down on the first try?  Well, many PC video games make you use the Caps Lock key for certain commands, and even though it's technically a 50-50 chance if Caps Lock is on or off when you try to type something later, it's ALWAYS in the "On" position.

No comments: