Sunday, September 20, 2020

Day 44


The days pass one by one, each blurring into the next.  It's getting hard to tell them apart.

Last night, after watching the Boston Celtics beat the Miami Heat in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Championship, I made the mistake of opening the game ARK: Survival Evolved.  "Mistake" because the next thing I knew, it was 3:45 a.m.  I slept until 9 a.m. and got on with my day.

Per my usual Sunday routine, I tortured myself by watching the morning news shows (Meet The Press, Face The Nation, etc.).  Don't get me started on the politics - I'll save that for a future post.

I went outside and walked ¾ of a mile - three laps around our ¼-mile block.  I finished my pot of coffee.  I answered some emails.

I played some more ARK on the computer, basically eating up most of the afternoon, and then went back outside and walked another one mile (four more laps around the block).

I completed the NY Times' Sunday Crossword Puzzle on my phone ("surprise party/undesirable").  I'll probably walk another ¼ mile after I feed the cats tonight to meet my 2-mile daily goal.

I'm still undecided if I should watch the New England Patriots-Seattle Seahawks football game tonight or my Sunday-night HBO shows (Lovecraft Country, The Vow, John Oliver).  I will try to avoid firing up any video games after whatever it is I settle on watching.

There were meals in there somewhere -  a bagel and some fruit for breakfast, a sandwich and chips for lunch.  Unless I get creative, dinner will probably be the fourth and final portion of a casserole I made earlier this week.

Such are the days lately.  Idly passing time, waiting for this coronavirus pandemic to finally pass.  Waiting for something, anything to happen next.  Waiting for 2021.

No comments: