Thursday, September 24, 2020

Day 40


You know, it's finally gotten to me.  I just don't care anymore.  I just don't.

The Republicans are going to fill a vacant Supreme Court seat 40 days before the election, when four years ago they said ten months before Election Day was "too soon" to even hold hearings on a nominee? Whatever. I don't care.

They're going to take away the pre-existing conditions clause from the ACA?  I'm on Medicare now - doesn't affect me.  I don't care.

They're going to encourage more barriers to if not outright bans on abortion?  I'm a guy and therefore don't have a uterus.  I don't care.

I don't have kids in the school system, I don't own a small business, and I'm not a war veteran. So I don't care about all the politics surrounding those issues.

I'm also white, so there's a whole lot of other things coming down the pike that don't affect me so I don't care.

Lou Reed once said "Show me an issue and I'll show you a tissue, and wipe my ass with it."  I don't care.

Our democracy has been hacked and the electoral process perverted?  I always doubted elections were "open and honest" anyway, and would only have lived through so many presidential terms and election cycles anyway, so I don't care.

The coronavirus is raging out of control and Americans are armed to the teeth?  Fanatical evangelicals are turning our government into a theocracy?  The entire western US nearly burned to the ground, the south will be uninhabitable in a few years, the coastline's rising, and more hurricanes are on the way? What can I do about it?  I don't care.

Call it "compassion fatigue," call it "crisis burnout," call it whatever you want.  I don't care what you call it, cause I don't care about shit anymore.

Enjoy the shithole you made of our country.  Or don't.  Your choice.  I don't care. 

No comments: