Tuesday, December 31, 2019

44's List of 35


Oh, look.  This is from President Barack Obama's Twitter feed - his "Favorite Music" list for 2019.

Not only is Obama supremely cool for even posting something like this - I can't think of any other former president who would do it, and the current pretender to the throne certainly wouldn't - but we even have a lot of songs in common.

My Top 10 countdown included Big Thief's Not, Mavis Staples' Change, and Sharon Van Etten's Seventeen, all of which appear on Obama's list as well. For some reason, The National didn't make my Top 10 list, but I like this year's LP by them and am glad that they at least made Obama's list.

So 44 and I both have good taste in music, apparently.

Also, Happy New Year, everybody!  Here's to 2020 - the last full year of Trump's failed presidency.

No comments: