Sunday, October 20, 2019

Not My Pictures

 

Even though I didn't take these pictures, I still want to share some of the photography of the City of Atlanta I've been enjoying on Reddit.  


Nestor blew through this town yesterday and left about 1-2 inches of rain, depending on where in Atlanta you live.  As forecast, the rain started around 8 a.m. on Saturday morning and lasted all day, never letting up until after 10 p.m. and reaching peak intensity between 4 and 6 p.m.

Other than the constant rain, though, there wasn't much wind in this part of the state.  A few trees came down and a few neighborhoods lost power, but fortunately for me, those neighborhoods didn't include mine.  Power stayed on here, the roof held up, and I spent a lazy day indoors watching college football and playing video games.

Here's a few pictures depicting Atlanta's terrible traffic.




The Tenacious C still hasn't fully let go yet, although I'm not nearly as stuffy. I can breathe freely now and sleep through the night, but I'm still a little phlegmy.  Other than some occasional sniffles and clearing of the throat though, I'm okay. 

Here are some nighttime shots of the City.





It's now Sunday evening and the weekend is coming to a close.  I'm looking forward to seeing the premiere of HBO's The Watchmen tonight, and hope the series lives up to the 2009 movie and to producer Damon Lindelof's wildly imaginative previous shows (Lost and The Leftovers), but I'll try to watch with an open mind.

Enjoy your week.

No comments: