Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Annals of Computing



For a glorious 48 hours, it appeared that I had repaired my laptop.  Then this morning, it was all foobar again.   It appears I ran yesterday's victory lap too soon.

The pros have it now.  They've already diagnosed the problem (failing hard drive) and expect to have the computer back to me with a new, improved solid state HD tomorrow, plus whatever other problems they diagnose.

I already feel so much better knowing the computer is now in professional hands.  Note to self: next time this happens (and there will be a next time, I'm sure), just take it in to the shop first thing, and stop pretending you're an IT expert.

1 comment:

misslesley said...

Onyx are my go to IT people. Years ago, the Apple so-called-experts recommended them when they were too busy to see me. Never went back to the Apple store. Last time I was there I felt very reassured because they had a cable taped up with electrical tape, just like me. Also, someone had brought their dog to work with them. Big plus for you - they’re right around the corner :-)