Saturday, January 12, 2019

Housework


I've spent 3 to 5 hours each day of the past two weekends cleaning out all the garbage left behind at the Unsellable Condo in Vinings.  I actually called one professional - I probably should put that in quotations - one "professional" cleaning company to finish the job, but after showing up they declared the condo a "biohazard" and refused to work there.  I'll grant you there's a shocking amount of dog hair of the floors, but I think "biohazard" is more than a little bit of an exaggeration.

To put it another way, the cleaning company wouldn't clean because the unit wasn't clean enough.

To add injury to insult, they left the bathroom exhaust fans running and I got a call from the downstairs resident two days later complaining about the noise, and had to drive out there last Friday night to turn off the fans.  Inside, I saw that the "professional" cleaning company left the paper bag, cups, and other trash from their Chick-Fil-A breakfast on the floor of the condo.  I won't say that there wasn't other trash left by the former residents already on the floor, but you'd think the cleaners would be more conscientious than leaving the unit dirtier than when they arrived.   

I finally got everything, or nearly everything, out and into the trash today.  I've got a different cleaning company coming over on Monday to (hopefully) finish the job, and new carpet will be installed the following Monday.  I've ordered a new thermostat from Amazon to replace the busted one left behind and if I can't install it, I'll have to call a contractor to come in and do it.  I still haven't found a painter yet or a handyman/carpenter to repair the wood the former tenant's dogs dug out near the windows.     

The Unsellable Condo In Vinings - the bane of my existence since the year 2000.

No comments: