Thursday, November 01, 2018

Halloween


Last night, Halloween evening, I had my first trick-or-treaters in nearly 10 years.  Four girls, early teens from the look of things, out after dark and by themselves.  Adventure. . . . 

Honestly, I can't remember the last time someone graced our doorway looking for candy.  On my block, the houses are few and relatively far between, with steep driveways to walk up. I like to think that's what keeps them away, not the stigma of a strange old man living there alone doing god knows what. 

Anyway, I'm glad I had candy on hand - despite the fact that no one ever shows up, I buy a bag of mini-candy bars every year just in case and usually wind up eating all the Baby Ruths and Butterfingers by myself.  I gave each girl a big generous handful of bars and wished them all happy trick or treating. 

No comments: