Wednesday, July 25, 2018



It was over a week ago that I finished the story line to Assassin's Creed Origins, but I liked the game so much that I spent a whole week still wandering around ancient Egypt looking for any remaining quests, temples to loot, crocodiles to conquer, really anything just to keep playing.  It was literally difficult to let go of that virtual world, and I recommend the game to any RPG fans out there.

So what to play next? I shopped around a little on line, considered this, rejected that, and wound up downloading two new (at least new to me) games - NieR Automata (top picture) and BioShock Infinite (lower picture).

I've started first with BioShock.  It's my first BioShock game, but since it's published by 2K Games, the gameplay and controls immediately felt very familiar (2K also publishes Borderlands, which I completed just before Assassin's Creed).  It's a steampunk game!  Cool, I didn't know that going in.  It's still too early to file a review or to even say if I like it or not, but it's not an open world game and it's more of a shooter than a role playing game, but if I can get over those two hurdles I think I may enjoy it.  

I have absolutely no idea what to expect of NieR Automata.  How does she see with those blinders over her eyes?  The game got good reviews, and I'm told it's an open-world RPG, so I should like it.  Don't send me any spoilers - I like my little mysteries.

So, it's the evening of my birthday tonight and I get to do whatever I want (or so I'm told), so I'm going to slip into the BioShock world for a while and see what trouble Elizabeth's got herself into now.       

No comments: