Thursday, May 17, 2018

I Did Promise Video



A couple times during my posts about this year's Shaky Knees Festival, I promised "Video coming soon," but then I forgot to post them.  

Until now.  Here's a couple short clips from David Byrne's triumphant set, including deep cut I Zimbra from Fear of Music (1979), a song I truly believed I would never hear performed live, at least not by Mr. Byrne.  We also have a clip from ray of sunshine This Must Be the Place



Hey, we also promised some Alvvays, so here's Molly Rankin still insisting that Archie marry her already.  Seriously, Archie, what's the deal?  She's been singing this song for years now. 



Anyway, this concludes our Shaky Knees 2018 coverage.  No need for long, multi-post unwrapping like with the Big Ears festival.  Not that Shaky Knees was any less compelling, it was just more immediately accessible and gratifying, and there's not a thing wrong with that.  

No comments: