Monday, May 21, 2018

Anniversary


Unbelievably, today is the 14th anniversary of Water Dissolves Water.

When I first started this blog, I had absolutely no idea how long it would continue.  When I first started this blog, I had absolutely no idea that I wouldn't get a better idea for 14 years.

There have been a lot of changes to this blog in those 14 years.  I think my original "About Me" description was something like "the life and strange times of a typical 40-something Zen Buddhist living in Atlanta," and now it's "the life and strange times of a typical 60-something former Zen Buddhist living in Atlanta."  Fourteen years ago, I was only just starting my study of the buddhadharma, but now if I had to put a label on my spiritual path, I'd call myself a "contemplative stoic."  Fourteen years ago, I was just an ordinary person, but now I have certain gifts beyond the earth plane 3-D world.

LOL.  I was just kidding about that last part. It's an inside joke, but I fear that the only people who might get it won't find it funny.  Oh, well.  Cracks me up.

Let's see what else happened in those 14 years?  I lost the girlfriend that I had when I first started, and I bought a house, this pile of bricks up on a hill I'm living in now.  I'm on my fifth employer since I started (one of which was my own self), and I took in not one but two cats. I almost moved to Portland, Oregon, but the financial crisis of 2008 scotched that.  I saw John Maus live, twice.  I got to enjoy a progressive Democrat in the White House for a full eight years, and endured two Republican Presidents, one of whom is still brightening my life on a daily basis.  I also got a little older (14 years to be exact) but certainly no wiser. 

But most of all, I'm glad you've stuck along for the ride.  Even if you're new here, even if this is the first post of mine you've read.  Even if you stopped reading years ago.  Whatever the circumstance, I'm glad that our paths crossed.  

Let's see how we feel about things 14 years from now.

1 comment:

misslesley said...

I hope we’re still friends fourteen years from now. And thanks for the last six? seven? who’s counting years xxx