Thursday, March 22, 2018

Tennessee


Apparently, I'm in Knoxville, Tennessee,which is a bit more urban than I anticipated. Nice city, and I mean that unironically.  Here's some of the lovely views from my hotel window (okay, that part was meant ironically).


I've only been here a few hours, but already I've seen Michelle N'degeocello perform at the lovely, Fox-like Tennessee Theater.  It's apparently the first time she's been to Knoxville and it's also the first time I've seen her perform.  Good set and really nice vibes from the performer.


It's my second time seeing avant-garde cellist Okkyung Lee.  Two years ago, we saw her open for the post-rock band Swans in Atlanta. 


Tonight she opened for the post-rock band Godspeed You! Black Emperor, who played an epic, two-hour set.  I was front-row, right up at the stage.  It was very loud.


I'm here for the Big Ears music and arts festival.  This was a great first day after a three-hour drive from Atlanta and I'm looking forward to the rest of this weekend.

No comments: