Monday, January 22, 2018

Big In Turkey


I almost never look at my blog statistics, but I dared to take a peek today and saw to my surprise that I have almost as many page views coming from Turkey as I do the United States.

I don't know why.  I love Turkey, especially their music. It has both exhilarating and meditative modes, and you need a degree in advanced mathematics to understand their time signatures (I think they compose in quadratic equations).  But other than that, and what I imagine to be their national fondness for coffee, I don't know anything about them or have any idea why I get so many page views from there.  Of course, readership of this blog is so miniscule that it might be due to one bored reader in Istanbul who for some unknown reason hits this page about 20 times a day.

I would have imagined that my readership, such as it is, would have been proportional to the size of English-speaking countries, e.g., U.S., followed by Canada and then the U.K.  But I'm delighted to see Turkey's along for the ride, too!  Merhaba arkadaşlar! 

No comments: