Tuesday, August 29, 2017


While my heart goes out to the poor, suffering people in and around Houston, I have to admit that the massive low-pressure cell southwest of Atlanta has brought down some cool Northern air, and temperatures and humidity have been nicer these past few days than they've been for a while.

But what I was going to say is that when the heat's back on - and it will return, I assure you ("summer is coming") - there's probably no better game with which to escape the temperatures than Skyrim.  Set in a medieval Nordic fantasy realm, complete with Alpine mountains, glaciers, and lots and lots of snow (and even the occasional walrus, polar bear and saber-tooth tiger), it just feels cool and refreshing if you let yourself get pulled into the fantasy.  It feels like the room temperature drops 10 degrees when you fire up the game.  

I can't imagine what it's like playing in the real winter, on a cold day, when you can see your breath.   

No comments: