Wednesday, October 19, 2016

We Get A Ride


Why, then, am I losing my equanimity and criticizing one presidential candidate so severely, while giving the other a free pass?  Why am I showing preference for one thing over the other, and not just accepting what is for what it is?

Because, if Trump were to be elected, which is looking pretty unlikely now, but if he were and years from now someone were to ask me what I had done to try and stop it from happening, and then asks why I didn't use this public forum to alert whomever I could about the clear and present danger, what would I say if I don't speak out now? What could I say?  As a matter of fact, I might not be permitted to say. . . 

But Trump won't win.  One of the world's biggest bookies, Ireland's Paddy Power, is so sure that Hillary Clinton will win next month's U.S. presidential contest that it has already begun to pay out more than $1 million to people with bets on its books in favor of Clinton. 

As asteroid passes closely but avoids hitting the earth.  The San Andreas fault and the Cascadia subduction zone hold off for another day.  The sun doesn't explode and go all red giant on us.  Trump isn't elected president.  We gave praise for these small miracles and express gratitude for the avoidance of disasters.

No comments: